50 grams Malunggay leaves
1 ¾ cups water
1 tablespoon yeast
¼ cup water (from the boiled malunggay water)
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons molasses
30 grams garlic, minced
3 cups LFM Bread Flour
1-1 ½ cups MAYA All-Purpose Flour
½ cup powdered milk
¼ cup melted butter
- Boil malunggay leaves in water for 5 minutes.
- Separate ¼ cup malunggay
water. Set aside.
- Cool down and crush the remaining malunggay mixture using food processor (run for a few seconds). Set
- Dissolve yeast in ¼ cup warm malunggay water.
- In a bowl,
combine the rest of malunggay water, salt, honey, molasses, garlic,
flours and powdered milk.
- Stir in dissolved yeast.
- Mix well then knead
until smooth and elastic.
- Add in the butter while kneading the dough.
- Transfer dough to greased bowl and let it rise for 30 minutes or until
double in bulk.
- Punch down dough then divide into five portions.
- Shape into baguette rolls then put in greased French bread pans.
it rise until double in bulk.
- Bake in a preheated oven 375°F/190°C for
25-30 minutes or until golden brown.