Ham, Cheese and Mashed Potato Rolls
- 12 pieces loaf bread slices sides trimmed
- 6 pieces cheese slices cut into two
- 3 pieces sweet ham cut into 4
- 1 cup prepared mashed potatoes
- 2 pieces eggs beaten
- Japanese bread crumbs as needed for coating
- 1 tablespoon parsley finely chopped
- oil for frying
Get one piece of loaf bread and flatten it with a small rolling pin. Arrange cheese and ham slices crosswise and pipe a small amount of prepared mashed potatoes.
Roll the bread to make a log. Repeat this procedure with the remaining bread slices.
In another bowl, combine bread crumbs and parsley.
Dip bread rolls in eggs and coat with the crumb mixture. Place these in a tray and refrigerate to chill for 10-15 minutes. Fry until golden brown.
Yield: 12 bread rolls