Fresh Garden Orzo Pasta Salad
- 2 cups orzo or risoni pasta cooked
- 12 pieces cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 pieces medium-sized red onions thinly sliced
- 1 piece medium-sized cucumber seeded and chopped into cubes
- ½ cup yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives sliced or whole
- fresh arugula leaves as needed
- romaine lettuce cut into strips
- prepared red wine vinaigrette
- chopped walnuts as needed
- crumbled feta cheese as needed
- prepared grilled lemon “tanguigue” steak
In a clean salad bowl, toss orzo with the next seven ingredients and with enough amount of prepared vinaigrette.
Sprinkle some walnuts and feta cheese on top then serve along with grilled “tanguigue” steak.
Yield: 3-4 servings
Fresh Grilled Lemon “Tanguige” Steak
- 2-3 slices “tanguigue” steak mackerel or wahoo fish
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1-1 1/2 teaspoons freshly pan-roasted peppercorns crushed
- salt to taste
- olive oil as needed
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Slices of lemon as needed
Rub and marinate fish with lemon juice, garlic, crushed pepper corns, salt and a little amount of olive oil.
Let it stand for 15- 20 minutes.
Grill or pan-grill marinated “tanguigue” and brush with melted butter often until cooked or grilled. Best serve with sliced of lemon.
Yield: 2-3 servings