½ cup butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup MAYA All Purpose Flour
½ cup finely chopped cashew nuts
1 cup cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
¼ teaspoon orange extract
½ teaspoon vanilla
½ cup all-purpose cream, chilled
1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
¼ cup water
200 grams semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Prepare an 8-inch springform pan.
- Prepare crust: In a bowl, cream the butter until soft then add the sugar. Beat until smooth then add the flour and nuts.
- Press to cover the sides and bottom of the pie plate.
- Bake blind for about 20 minutes or until done. Cool.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese until soft then add the sugar, orange extract and vanilla.
- In another bowl, whip the cream with the sugar until fluffy. Fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Soften gelatin in water then heat to dissolve completely. Cool a little then fold into the cream mixture.
- Set aside 1 cup then pour the rest into the cooled crust.
- Add the melted chocolate to the reserved cream cheese mixture. Blend well.
- Spread over the filling and swirl with a knife to make a marbled effect. Chill until set.
- Garnish with whipped cream, if desired.