Whether they are layer cakes, pastries, or cupcakes, more and more people are getting into baking. Housewives, kids, dads, young professionals, and practically men and women of all ages. They enjoy churning out their own creations from the oven rather than buying ready-made cakes and pastries from neighborhood bakeries and cafes.
But why? What is this love affair that we have with baking? Here are 10 reasons why baking has had a resurgence in popularity, and why you should give it a try yourself.
- Baking is actually quite cool. It’s no longer considered old-fashioned or something that only moms or your spinster aunt would do. It has become acceptable, and even admirable if one knows how to whip up a mean batch of brownies. Even for men, it does not take away from one’s masculinity as it may have in the past, but rather, enhances it to some degree, and adds to one’s desirability.
- Baking is super easy! Do you feel that you have aboslutely no skill to make your own cakes? It’s less complicated than you think. All you need are ingredients, and step-by-step instructions that you follow to the letter, and you’ve done it! There are so many simple recipes to start with. As your confidence grows, you can tackle more complicated ones.
- Baking is so much fun! Getting messy in the kitchen, mixing wet and dry ingredients together, and licking the bowl after, is quite an enjoyable experience. Baking gives you a chance to be a kid again, decorating and making cakes as colorful and eclectic as you want.
- Kids love baking. Spending time in the kitchen with them is a great way to bond, and discover their innate talents and creativity. Watch their eyes shine with delight as they mix the batter, and decorate it as they wish. The results may not be perfect, but everyone is guaranteed to have a wonderful time.
- Baking is a relaxing, and detoxifying experience. The mere gathering of required ingredients, slowly combining them and creating something totally new, can be quite magical. It allows you a momentary escape from the stresses of everyday life, and takes you to an endless world of possibilities. Need to chill and take time off from your hectic schedule? Bake!
- Homemade cakes are also simply more delicious. You can put in the highest quality ingredients which results in cakes that look much nicer, and taste so much better than the ones you buy at the store.
- Baking your own cake is so much healthier. Shop cakes tend to have too many extenders and not-so-enticing ingredients in them. Homemade cakes can be made with the best components, without any additives, and easily made low-fat, if you prefer.
- You are only limited by your imagination. With home baking, there are far more options – the web is teeming with recipes and you can find thousands of different results each time you search. You can make a different cake or pastry every day and never run out of possibilities!
- You save more money by baking at home. Commercial cakes are usually small and expensive. Thus, you end up finishing them before feeling satisfied. The basic ingredients for a homemade cake are actually quite cheap, and allows you more bang for your buck. Baking your own, is the smarter and more economical thing to do, especially if your entire family loves cakes.
- The best thing about home baking is that it is a great way to give and share with others. It is rare to find someone who bakes just for his or her own self. When you bake, there is no way that you can resist having others taste what you made. You eventually find yourself baking for your kids’ friends, your neighbors, officemates, and practically anyone willing to try your experiments. There is so much joy to be had when your audience loves your creations, which challenges you to make more and better treats for them to try in the future.
These are just some of the reasons why we love to bake and we hope that we have inspired you to start baking yourself. There are so many delicious cakes to try and make in the comfort of your own kitchen. We only wish that we could be there to taste them ourselves.