3 cups MAYA All-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups water
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
1cup cream cheese, softened
1 piece egg
1/3 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line cupcake baking pans with paper cupcake liners. In large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cocoa,baking soda and salt) set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, combine water, vegetable oil and vanilla. Add to dry mixture, stir with mixing spoon to blend together.
- Fill cupcake liners half full with batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until done. When done, remove immediately from oven. Cool completely.
- Prepare frosting: In a small mixing bowl, blend together cream cheese,egg and sugar until smooth. Transfer mixture into a pastry bag using plain writing tip. Pipe out into decorative designs (as cupid, heart, etc.)
Using raw eggs in frosting is safe for consumption as long as following conditions are met:
– Best use within the day it is made
– If for later use, keep at refrigeration temperature then beat before using
– Not advisable for commercial selling
– After frosting a cupcake chill again before consumption
– The eggs should be pasteurized