Servings 6 people
- 1 cup MAYA All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons MAYA Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- dash of pepper
- ¼ cup ice cold water
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons annatto oil
- ½ cup squash, cut into thin strips
- ½ cup camote, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 red onion sliced thinly
- 1 bunch spring onions cut into inch-long pieces
- 1 cup small fresh shrimp, whiskers trimmed, washed and drained
Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
Add the water and fish sauce.
Mix the annatto oil well into the batter.
Heat 1-inch deep oil for frying in a deep heavy-bottomed frying pan.
Mix in all vegetables into the batter.
Drop batter by spoonful in hot oil allowing 1 or 2 shrimps and fine onion slices per ukoy.
Fry until golden brown.
Serve hot with vinegar and garlic dip.