Turrones de Manila, Vanilla Gelato Spazzacamino
- 8 pcs saba
- 10 pcs lumpia wrapper rectangular spring roll wrappers, quartered
- 1 ½ cups langka (fresh or bottled jackfruit sliced into 1/4 –inch strips
- 2 tbsp MAYA All-Purpose Flour or MAYA Cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- oil for deep-frying
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 1/2 gal vanilla ice cream
- dash whiskey
- coffee powder for dusting gelato
Peel and slice each banana lengthwise into 6 strips.
On each piece of the cut spring roll wrapper, arrange 1 banana strip with 1 or 2 strips of jackfruit on one side. Roll into small cylinders and seal the end of the wrapper with a little flour or cornstarch dissolved in water.
In a preheated pot with oil, deep-fry rolls over medium heat, tossing continuously while sprinkling with the sugar, a little at a time. This will coat each roll with caramelized sugar.
Place cooked turron on a tray rack to cool and drain excess oil. Allow some space between pieces to prevent them from sticking together, .
Serve with Vanilla Gelato spiked with Whisky and Coffee Powder.