Thick Hotpot Soup
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 medium sized white onion chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 4-5 cups stock chicken or pork
- assorted fish cake
- 1/4 cup leeks white part only, chopped
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- 2-3 tablespoons MAYA Cornstarch dissolved in a small amount of stock
- leeks slivered (optional)
Heat up peanut oil in a pot, then sauté onions and garlic until aromatic and translucent. Add in stock. Bring to a boil.
Add in assorted fishcake and simmer for a few minutes. Toss in onion leeks and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Pour egg whites then quickly stir to form and distribute to incorporate in the stock.
Thicken with corn starch. Top with slivered onion leeks before serving.