Spicy Corn Muffins
- 1 package MAYA Original “Fluffy n’ Tasty” Hotcake Mix 200g
- ¼ cup medium-grind corn meal
- ½ cup fresh milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 piece whole egg
- 1/3 cup whole kernel corn in can drained
- 1/3 cup Serrano ham finely chopped(100g)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika powder
- 2 tablespoons extra medium-grind corn meal for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C. Greased a 1ounce 24-holes muffin pan. Set aside.
In a bowl, mix together the hotcake mix and corn meal.
Pour in the liquid ingredients the milk, oil and egg. Mix lightly.
Add in the rest of the ingredients and give a good mix just until well mixed.
Put a tablespoon of mixture into each hole of the muffin pan and sprinkle a little amount of corn meal on top.
Bake in a preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Yield: 24 pieces (1 oz. Muffins)
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Baking Time: 12 minutes.