Seafood Longevity Chinese Noodles
- 100 grams 1 thick slice pork loin or pork belly
- 100 grams squid cleaned and sliced
- 100 grams white shrimps (deveined and shelled but tail intact)
- 3-4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4-5 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 piece large white onion sliced
- 100 grams scallops pan seared
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 3-4 cups stock use either chicken, pork, beef or vegetable base stock
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3-4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 400 grams longevity noodles or canton noodles
- 1 bunch bokchoy blanched
- 1 piece medium-sized carrot sliced and blanched
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
Boil the pork for 8-10 minutes. Slice the pork and set aside the par boiled water.
Blanched the squid and shrimps for 1-2 minutes from the same par boiled water. Drain and set aside.
In a wok, pan-fry the pork slices in hot oil until nicely golden brown and from the same pan, toss in the garlic and onions and pan sauté until onions are translucent and aromatic.
Toss into the pan, the parboiled squid and shrimps and the pan-seared scallops then splash with rice wine and give a quick stir from time to time for 1-2 minutes.
Add in the 3 cups stock, light soy sauce, oyster sauce and sugar then bring the mixture to a boil.
Once boiling, put the noodles and season with salt and pepper. Stir from time to time and continue cooking until all the liquid has been absorbed by the noodles, add the remaining cup of stock if needed then mix in the blanched vegetables and drizzle with sesame oil then turned off heat.
Yield: 8-10 servings
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes