Seafood In Coconut Sauce
(Shrimps, Squids andManila Clams)
- 2-3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 piece onion sliced
- 1 piece thumb-sized ginger peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (patis)
- 1 ½- 2 cups coconut milk 2nd extraction-thin
- 500 grams white shrimps medium-sized suahe, cleaned
- 250 grams squid cleaned, ink removed and sliced
- 400 grams manila clams cleaned (halaan)
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk 1st extraction-thick
- 1-2 pieces green chilis siling haba, sliced(optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat up oil in a casserole or cauldron then sauté the garlic and onion until aromatic and translucent.
Add in the ginger, fish sauce and the thin coconut milk bring to a boil.
Add the seafood and continue cooking for another 3-5 minutes then lower the heat.
Pour the thick coconut milk and green chilis, stir and season to taste.
Continue cooking in a simmering stage, reduce the sauce until thick.
Remove from heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes