Choux Pastry Puff:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup MAYA All-Purpose Flour
- 4 pieces eggs
- 1 piece chicken breast, deboned and cut into serving pieces
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 piece chorizo de bilbao, sliced
- 1 can Vienna sausage, sliced
- 1 cup broth
- 1/2 cup green olives
- 1 piece carrot, cubed
- 3 pieces potato, cubed
- ½ cup button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons MAYA All-Purpose Flour
- 2 pieces eggs, hard-boiled, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F/ 204°C. Grease and line cookie sheet. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine water, butter and salt.
- Heat until butter melts and water boils.
- Turn heat to low, add flour all at once and stir vigorously until mixture leaves sides of pan. Remove from heat then cool.
- With the use of wooden spoon or electric mixer, beat in eggs one at a time beating until smooth after each addition.
- Continue until very smooth and shiny.
- Drop or pipe mixture using big star tip onto cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until choux puffs are brown, completely dry and with no bubbles. Cool on wire racks. Slice the top portion and set aside.
Prepare Pastel Filling:
- Marinate chicken in soy sauce and lemon juice. Season w/ salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a skillet. Brown chicken pieces.
- Add chorizo and sausage.
- Pour in the broth then cover and cook for a few minutes.
- Add in the olives, carrots, potatoes and mushrooms.
- Simmer until vegetables are cooked. Thicken with flour.
- Place 1 big baked pastry puff on a serving plate then put pastel mixture to a baked pastry puff until almost flowing.
- Serve while warm.
5 big choux pastry puff / 5 servings