200g MAYA Cake Flour
100g muscovado sugar
60g white sugar
4g baking powder
750g red beans, soaked, boiled and mashed
- In a sauce pan, mix together muscovado sugar, white sugar and water. Bring to a boil then lower heat to 36°C.
- Dissolve baking powder in a little amount of water then add to the sugar mixture and mix well.
- Mix in a bowl the sugar, baking powder mixture and cake flour. Blend in together to form a dough then cover with cling wrap and rest the dough for about 30-40 minutes.
- Make a 20-30g ball of prepared mashed red beans. Set aside.
- Get 15-20g of dough then flatten each ball of dough on your palm and place at the center the red beans. Enclose completely then shape it again into rounds.
- Arrange mocha in a prepared steamer and steam for 10-12 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve with green tea ice cream if preferred.
Buns with Bean Paste Filling
Elite Recipes: A New Twist on Japanese Cooking with Seiji Kamura