Red Velvet Decadence with Cream Cheese Frosting and Chocolate Ganache
For the cake:
- 1 pack Maya Decadence Red Velvet Cake Mix 400g
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup+ 1 tablespoon water
- 3 pieces eggs
Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 package cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar more may be added depending on the consistency desired
- 3/4 cup chilled heavy cream
- 500 grams callebaut bars chopped
- 200 grams all purpose cream
- 1/4 cup butter
Preheat oven to 350 deg F / 177 deg C. Line two 7 x 1/2-inch round pans. Set aside Combine cake mix and eggs in a bowl. Beat until well blended. Pour mixture into prepared pans and bake for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cakes comes out clean.
Prepare vanilla cream cheese frosting:
Beat cream cheese, butter, milk and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth. In a separate bowl whip chilled heavy cream until double in size. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
Melt all together in a heavy sauce pan. Stir until ingredients are well-incorporated.