Rainbow Veggie Spring Rolls
- 2 pieces carrots blanched then julienned
- 1 piece cucumber seeded and julienned
- 1 piece jicama seeded and julienned
- 1 small head red cabbage julienned
- Green lettuce
- Thai sweet basil leaves
- Shredded chicken or shrimp optional
- Rice paper soaked
- 1 teaspoon ginger grated
- ½ cup store bought hoisin sauce
- 2-3 tablespoon hot water
Place rice paper in a flat surface, arrange prepared veggies on one side of the rice paper. Roll the rice paper to secure the filling.
Place veggie rolls in a serving platter and cover with damp cloth until ready to serve.
Mix together all sauce ingredients in a bowl. Serve spring rolls with sauce.
Yield: 3-5 servings