Peppered Sirloin Steak Sandwich
- 250 grams beef sirloin thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon liquid seasoning
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 pieces medium-sized onion thinly sliced
- 2 pieces green bell pepper slice into strips
- 2 pieces small French baguette
- melted butter
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese grated
Place sirloin in a medium-sized bowl, and add salt, sugar and black pepper. Gently massage the sirloin.
Add Worcestershire sauce and liquid seasoning. Again, gently massage the sirloin until all the marinade is well mixed and absorbed by the meat. Marinate for at least 4 hours. For best results, marinate the sirloin overnight.
Heat oil in a medium-sized pan over low heat. Caramelize onions and set side.
Using the same pan, cook marinated sirloin using high heat. Set aside.
Using the same pan, cook green bell pepper. Set aside.
Slice off the ends of the baguette and then cut into half. Then cut the baguette horizontally without slicing all the way through. Brush the insides with melted butter.
Assembly: Stuff peppered sirloin steak to the sliced baguettes and top with caramelized onions, cooked green bell pepper, and grated cheese.
Broil sandwich just until cheese melts. Serve.
Yield: 4 servings