- 1 slab picnic bacon / guanciale chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 2 pieces medium-sized onions finely chopped
- 1-2 teaspoon/s pepper flakes
- 3 cups crushed tomatoes including juices
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated pecorino Romano or parmigiana Reggiano
- 10 – 15 pieces basil leaves chiffonade
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian flat parsley
- 500 grams spaghettini
In a hot pan, sweat picnic bacon/guanciale.
Remove half of the bacon/guanciale, set aside.
From the same pan, add olive oil, onion and garlic. Sauté until aromatic.
Add pepper flakes continue sautéing.
Add crushed tomatoes and let it simmer until reduced.
Add basil leaves and half of the parsley. Add the spaghettini. Stir until spaghettini is well covered with sauce.
Topped with the remaining parsley and bacon/guanciale. Serve.
Yield: 8 to 10 Servings.