- 1/2 kilograms pancit bihon soaked in boiling water.
- 1/4 cup atsuete soaked in ¼ water
- 2 cups shrimp broth
- 1/3 cup MAYA All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt or fish sauce for seasoning
- 1 cup sautéed ground pork
- 1 to 2 cups lightly fried tofu cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup flaked smoked fish tinapa, toasted
- 1/2 cup pork chicharon crushed
- 2 pieces boiled eggs cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup cooked shrimp shelled and devein
- 1/2 cup spring onions
- 1 tablespoon toasted garlic
Prepare the Palabok sauce: Strain the atsuete. Pour the water from the atsuete and mix it with the shrimp broth in a medium-sized pot, then, add dissolve flour in water.
Let it boil with occasional stirring until it thickens, season with salt or fish sauce.
Assemble: Place soaked pancit bihon in a serving plate, then pour palabok sauce on top.
Now topped it up with ground pork, tofu, flaked smoked fish, crushed chicharron, boiled eggs, cooked shrimp, spring onions, and toasted garlic.
Serve with calamansi.