Orange Chicken Rice Bowl
- 500 grams chicken thigh fillet cut into cubes
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup MAYA Cornstarch
- 1 ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 liters iced cold water
- oil for frying
For Orange Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- orange zest of one whole orange
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- oil for sautéing
- 1 piece medium-sized onion finely chopped.
- 1 piece medium-sized ginger grated
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons red chili flakes
- 2 bunch green onions chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons MAYA Cornstarch
- cooked rice as needed
- sesame oil
Place chicken in a bowl and season it with salt and pepper. Set aside.
In another bowl, mix cornstarch, garlic powder, and paprika. Mix well.
Dredge chicken to the cornstarch mixture, then transfer into a colander and dip into the iced water, then dredge it again into the cornstarch mixture. Set aside.
Heat oil into a medium sized pan, over medium heat. Fry chicken until golden brown. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, combine soy sauce, orange zest, orange juice, and brown sugar. Set aside.
In a wok, sauté onion, ginger, and chili flakes.
Add rice wine and orange mixture, let it simmer for 30 seconds.
Toss fried chicken to the orange sauce, then topped it over a bowl of cooked rice, then sprinkle green onions on top.
Yield: 5-6 servings