2 2/3 cups MAYA All-Purpose Flour, sifted
2/3 cup butter
2 pieces eggyolk
3-5 tablespoons cold water
½ teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons clarified butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 piece onion, sliced
2 cups vegetables, chopped and blanched (potatoes, carrots, green beans)
½ cup frozen green peas, thawed
1 cup firm tofu, crumbled
2 teaspoons curry powder
salt and pepper to taste
3 pieces eggs
¾ cup all purpose cream
½ cup fresh milk
eggwash (milk & eggyolk mixture)
- Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C.
- Lightly grease eight 3 oz. ramekins. Set aside.
- Put the sifted flour in a bowl. Using your fingers or pastry blender, cut the butter into the flour until it resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well at the center. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat eggyolks, water and salt. Pour egg mixture into the well and lightly combine with the flour until it forms a dough.
- Chill dough for at least 30 minutes for easy handling.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface until 1/8 –inch thick, divide the dough into 8 equal square portions set aside.
- Sauté garlic and onion in butter. Add in all the vegetables and cook for 2 minutes or until soft and tender.
- Mix in the tofu and curry powder. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, cream, milk, nutmeg, salt and pepper and parsley. Set aside.
- Divide the cooked vegetable mixture into ramekins and pour the egg mixture but do not overflow.
- Cover ramekins with the square dough – seal edge.
- Cut a cross at center of crust. Fold corner of dough to show filling.
- Brush with eggwash then bake pot pies for 20-25 minutes or until set and top is golden brown.
- Best served warm.