Mango Crumb Bars
- 1 ½ cup MAYA All-Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup unsalted butter cold and cut into small cubes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh ripe mango chopped
- 3 tablespoons white sugar according to preferred sweetness
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons MAYA Cornstarch
- 1/3 – ½ cup MAYA All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter cold and cut into small cubes
Preheat oven at 350⁰F/177⁰Grease, line with non-stick paper a 8-inch square pan. Set aside
In a bowl, using a pastry blender or a fork, combine the flour butter, confectioner’s sugar and white sugar until well blended. Press on the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
In a medium sized sauce pot combine mango, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and cornstarch. Cook over low heat until thick. Set aside to cool slightly.
In another bowl, combine crumble mixture. Set aside.
Pour cooked berry filling into prebaked crust spread evenly. Dollop crumble on top of the mango filling.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until top layer has set.
Cool slightly on a wire rack. Cut into squares and serve.
Yield: 9 bars