Low Sugar Lemon Cupcake
Servings 10 pieces
- 1/2 cup MAYA All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup Splenda alternative sweetener
- 2 pieces eggs
- 1/2 cup Sugarblend alternative sweetener
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel (optional)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Splenda for dusting
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 3-ounce muffin pan with baking cups.
In a bowl, combine the flours, butter and Splenda until it forms a crust.
Press the bottom of the prepared pan with about 1 tablespoon of the crust.
Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
In a separate bowl, beat eggs until fluffy. Add Sugarblend sweetener, lemon peel, lemon juice and baking powder and mix well using wire whisk.
Pour over prebaked crust. Bake for another 20 minutes or until the top layer has set.
Cool then sprinkle with Splenda sweetener.
Garnish with lemon zest.