Dish from It’s Fiesta Time with Maya
Lechon Manok Pritson Style
- 1 whole chicken, approximately 1 kilo
- 1:1 (1 tablespoon salt + 1 tablespoon water) for every kilo of meat
- rosemary leaves
- 3 pieces eggs slightly beaten
- 1 pack MAYA “ThinkHeart” Whole Wheat Pancake Mix 200g
- 11/2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- melted butter for greasing
- ripe mangoes, sliced into strips
- ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- coriander leaves
Honey Mustard Sauce:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- salt and pepper to taste
Marinate chicken in brine solution, following ratio of brine per weight, drain.
Preheat oven to 400oF / 205oC.
Sprinkle Rosemary on chicken then roast in hot oven until golden brown. Cool and flake.
Prepare crepe by combining all ingredients together in a bowl (milk may be adjusted to thin the batter).
Pour about 1/4 cup of batter mixture into the griddle pan – allow batter to spread into crepe thickness.
Repeat procedures with the remaining batter.
Put enough shredded chicken into crepe.
Add a slice of ripe mangoes, tomatoes and coriander leaves.
Roll – then slice into serving pieces. Do the same with the remaining crepes & filling.
Serve with honey mustard sauce simply prepared by combining all the ingredients.