Kingfish and Shrimp Coconut Curry
Servings 4 persons
- 1 cup onions peeled and diced
- 1 pieces green chili small
- 2 tablespoons ginger peeled
- 1/4 cup garlic peeled
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1 cup water or fish stock
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 10 pieces fresh curry leaves
- bunch coriander leaves
- 1 piece bay leaves
- 3 cups coconut cream chilled
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 300 grams shrimps peeled
- 3/4 kilo Tanigue fish fillet cut into cubes
Place the onion, green chili, ginger, and garlic in a blender and add about ¼ cup of oil and ¼ cup water and blend all ingredients until fine. Transfer to a bowl.
Heat the remaining oil in a saucepan over medium fire. Add the blended ingredients and cook, mixing frequently until lightly browned and aromatic.
Now add the spices and mix well. Let aromatize.
After about 5 minutes of gentle cooking, add 2 ½ cups of the coconut milk along with the curry leaves and mix well. Cook for about 10 minutes over low fire covered.
Lightly season the fish and the shrimps and add them to the simmering sauce. Cover and cook until the oil surfaces.
Rectify the seasoning with salt, pepper, plus a few drops of lemon juice to bring out the flavor
Just before serving, pour in the remaining ½ cup of coconut milk and let simmer for a few more minutes covered.
Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with some fresh coriander leaves.