4 tablespoons margarine or butter
4 segments garlic, minced
1 piece largeonion, diced
½ teaspoon pepper
1 kilo pork, boiled and cubed
¼ kilo chicken liver, cooked and cubed
4 pieces hotdog, cubed
1 piece chorizode bilbao, cubed
1 cup tomato sauce
1 cup grated cheese
½ cup raisins
2 cups drained pineapple tidbits
1 cup diced sweet pickles
2 cups broth
1 cup bread crumbs
1 cup MAYA All-Purpose Flour
1 piece hard-boiled egg, sliced
1 piece medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
- Line 6 leche flan molders with banana leaves or foil. Set aside.
- Heat butter in a sauce pan then sauté garlic and onions.
- Add pepper, pork, chicken liver, hotdogs,chorizo, tomato sauce, cheese, raisins, pineapple, pickles and broth.
- Bring to a boil and lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add bread crumbs and flour to thicken. Remove from fire.
- In prepared molders arrange decoratively at the bottom of the pan the sliced egg and bell pepper.
- Divide the cooked mixture into the prepared pans / molders.
- Cover with aluminum or banana leaves then bake in a preheated 375ºF/ 191°C or steam for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Cool then invert on a serving platter.