They may be small, but cupcakes can be just as tricky and time-consuming to bake as a full-size cake.
Nail every cupcake you bake and avoid common mishaps with these tips from #TheMayaKitchen!
The tops of your cupcakes are always sticky
- Let your cupcakes breathe before storing or frosting them by letting them cool down in a wire rack for a few hours.
Your nuts, chocolate chips, fruits and other add-ins sink to the bottom and spread evenly
- Your add-ins are too heavy for your batter.
- Make sure not to over-mix your batter since extra agitation can make batter too thin.
- Toss your add-ins with a bit of flour before folding them into the batter. The flour creates friction between the add-ins and the batter, helping them stay in place.
Your cupcake always spill or overflow into the muffin tray
- Don’t overfill your liners. Fill each liner up to three quarters full using a piping bag.
You cupcake liners are peeling
- It may be due to excess moisture. Let your cupcakes cool completely before frosting and storing them.
- Your cupcakes are under-baked or the oven temperature was too low.
- You’re using low quality cupcake cases.