Skip to content
Don’t let your cookie baking dreams crumble!
Our Maya Kitchen chefs have a solution for some of your most common cookie problems!
Common Cookie Problems and How To Fix Them
Your cookies crumble and are too hard
- You probably over-mixed the dough. Too much gluten leads to tough cookies.
- You might have over baked your cookies in a low temperature oven.
Your cookies stick to the pan
- Make sure to line your baking tray with nonstick baking paper or silicone mate.
- Let the cookies cool on the pan to set.
Your cookies are too flat or spread out too much
- You may have greased your baking pans too excessively or placed dough on warm baking sheets.
- Your dough might have been too warm before baking.
- Butter makes cookies spread if the dough is too soft before baking.
- There is a high ratio of liquid compared to dry ingredients.
Your cookies are too dry.
- You might have measured and added too much flour.
- The dry to liquid ingredient ratio of the recipe is not right.