1 package MAYA Original Hotcake Mix, 500g
¼ cup oil
1 piece egg
¾ cup water
maple syrup for spreading in between cake layers
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 piece cavendish banana
- Grease the sides of the rice cooker bowl with shortening. Set aside.
- Mix all ingredients in one bowl. Transfer into the rice cooker, cover and cook for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Once cooked, loosen the sides of the bowl with a dinner knife and transfer it into a plate. Let it cool completely. Set aside.
- Whisk the heavy whipping cream until stiff. Set aside.
- Cut the bananas into strips and fry until both sides are golden brown. Drain on a plate with paper towel. Set aside.
Assemble: Using a bread knife, cut the cake into three equal sizes. Spread the top portion of the three layers with maple syrup. Once the cake absorbs the syrup, place one layer on a plate, spread whipped cream evenly on top. Place the next layer of cake on top and do the same on the last layer. Cover the entire cake with whipped cream, as evenly as possible. Using a squeeze bottle, transfer the remaining whipped cream. Squeeze/pipe round shapes on top of the cake. Insert fried banana stripes on each piped whipped cream or make a design of your own.
From This Cake is Really the Ultimate Rice Cooker Hotcake article