Food For The Gods
- 1 3/4 cups MAYA Original Hotcake Mix
- 1 1/2 cups MAYA Butterscotch Brownie Mix
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 tablespoons dark molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 piece egg
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cup raisins coarsely chopped
- 1 cup walnuts roasted and chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and line a 13 x 9–inch rectangular pan.
Sift together original hotcake and butterscotch brownie mixes. Set aside.
In a bowl, cream butter then add molasses, vanilla, egg and corn syrup.
Gradually add sifted mixes.
Fold in raisins and nuts. Reserve some for topping.
Pour into prepared pan. Level with an offset spatula. Sprinkle reserve raisins and walnuts on top.
Bake for 20–25 minutes or until done. Once cooled, chill in the refrigerator for a few hours to set.
Slice and wrap in foil then in colored cellophane.
Yield: 20-25 pieces