* Misua Soup with Meatballs from the article “Rainy Days are Here Again“.
Fine Wheat Noodle Soup with Meatballs
- 250 grams ground meat
- 1 piece red onion minced
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 stalk spring onions chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 piece medium red onion, chopped
- 1 piece garlic head, minced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 piece medium sized patola (loofa), cut into a circle
- 4 cups beef stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 ounces misua
- 2 tablespoons spring onion, chopped
Mix all the ingredients well and form mixture into balls. Set aside.
In a medium stock pot, heat cooking oil in medium heat. Sauté onions until soft, then add garlic. Sauté.
Add fish sauce and patola, sauté.
Add beef stock and water and bring to a boil.
Add misua and let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add meatballs and let the misua soup boil for another 1 to 2 minutes.
Serve topped with spring onions.