2 cloves garlic minced
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup white wine
4 strips bacon, chopped
40g (1/4 cup) MAYA All Purpose Flour
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 bay leaf
1L (4 cups) fish stock
1 cup cubed potatoes
1 cup cubed carrots
1/2 cup cubed red pepper
salt and pepper to taste
sour cream to taste
- In a pot, sauté garlic and clams in 2 tablespoons of olive oil for one minute. Pour in white wine and let clams steam until they open.
- Remove meat from clams and save the liquid.
- In a new pot, sauté the bacon in the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil until fragrant but not crispy. Add in flour, herbs and cook until a paste is formed.
- Pour in cooking liquid from clams and fish stock and stir well to break up any lumps.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add in the cubed vegetable and simmer until cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the soup with clam meat and sour cream as garnish. Top with chopped parsley as well.