Cream Cheese Caramel Butter Bars
- 2 packs MAYA Oven Toaster Butter Cake Mix 200g
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter cold and cut into cubes
- 1 piece egg
- 1 bar cream cheese
- ¼ cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Lemon zest
Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C. Grease and line an 8-inch square pan. Set aside.
In a bowl, pour in cake mix, add in cold butter and cut using a fork until coarse. Add in egg and mix well to form a dough.
Spread dough evenly in prepared pan.
Beat cream cheese and confectioner’s sugar together; add in the rest of the topping ingredients and pour over the dough.
Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
Cool completely and place in the refrigerator for a few hours to set.
Cut into squares and serve.
Yield: 16 pieces