Chicken Wrapped Meatloaf
Servings 2 9 x 5 x 2 ½ -inch loaf pans (fill up to ¾ full)`
- 1 kilo chicken breast fillet (pounded to 1/8-inch thickness)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons liquid seasoning or Worcestershire liquid
- 750 grams ground pork
- 250 grams sweet ham, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup red pimiento, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup relish pickles
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 bars cheddar cheese, grated (225g per bar)
- 1/2 bar cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup MAYA All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons MAYA Cornstarch
- 1/3 cup local bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
Line with foil or non-stick paper a 9 x 5 x 2 ½ -inch loaf pan. Set aside.
In a bowl, season chicken fillet with salt and pepper and liquid seasoning. Set aside.
In another big bowl, add ground pork and the rest of the ingredients. Blend together the meat mixture and season with sugar, salt and pepper. Mix until all ingredients are well blended.
Arrange and cover the bottom and all sides of the loaf pan with the seasoned chicken fillets and leaving no space uncovered with chicken meat fillets.
Pour and spread mixture on a lined 9 x 5 x 2 ½ -inch loaf pan then fully covered the top portion with excess chicken meat fillets.
Bake meatloaf in a pre-heated oven about 350°F/177°C for about 1 hour to 1 ½ hours or you may cook meatloaf using steamer.
Steam meatloaf for about 1 hour to 1 ½ hours in a medium steam. Cool then chill in the refrigerator for about an hour or two before slicing.