500 grams chicken breast fillet, cut into strips BBQ skewers
- 5 pieces shallots peeled and minced
- 1½ teaspoons garlic minced
- 1 piece red chilies stems removed and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon grass white tender part, minced
- ½ tablespoon fresh turmeric peeled and chopped or
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon coriander ground
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin ground
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper ground
- ¼ salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried shrimp paste Ginamos or Blachan
- 1½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ - ¾ cup coconut cream
Peanut Satay Sauce:
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup thick coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-2 pieces dried chilies soaked and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
Put all ingredients for spice paste in a processor and puree until mixture becomes a paste.
Cut chicken into ¾-inch cubes and marinate with spice paste for at least 2 hours.
Thread chicken meat into skewers. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes or until cooked through.
For sauce: Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and cook over low heat until thick in consistency. Serve with grilled meat.