Chicken parmigiana, also known as chicken parmesan is a popular Italian-American dish. It is the base recipe of a number of different sandwiches and pies. Yummy.
- 1 piece egg beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup MAYA All-Purpose Flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- oil for frying
- 1/2-3/4 cup pellati tomato sauce
- 2-3 pieces basil leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
Preheat oven to 350F / 177F.
Slightly beat egg into a small bowl.
In a separate bowl place bread crumbs.
Mix together flour, salt and pepper in another bowl.
Coat chicken in flour mixture. Dip in egg then roll in breadcrumbs.
Heat skillet and pan fry chicken in little oil. Set aside.
Pour 1/2 of the pellati sauce into a 7x11 inch baking dish.
Place chicken over sauce, and cover with remaining sauce.
Sprinkle chopped basil leaves, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese on top and bake to the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until cheese melts.
Plate and decorate as desire.