Servings 6 skewers
- 3 pieces chicken fillet cut into chunks, cubes, or nuggets
- Salt and pepper
- yakitori bamboo skewers
- 1/2 cup MAYA All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup MAYA Cornstarch
- 2 pieces eggs beaten
- 1 cup Japanese breadcrumbs
- oil for frying
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons sake or mirin
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
In a clean bowl, season chicken fillets with salt and pepper.
Marinate for 10 to 15 minutes. In a separate bowl, put flour, cornstarch, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well then set aside.
Skewer 3 to 4 pcs of chicken fillet and coat them with flour mixture. Dip into beaten eggs and coat with Japanese breadcrumbs.
Heat oil in a frying pan. To know if the oil is hot and ready for frying, take a pinch of flour and drop it in the oil. If the flour bubbles, the oil is ready for frying. Fry the skewered chicken until golden brown.
Place the kushiage in plate lined with paper towel to remove excess oil. Serve with katsu sauce.
For Katsu sauce:
Mix all ingredients. Mix well and lightly heat up or microwave for 30 seconds and mix it again. Let it cool and serve.