Chicken en Papillote with Spiced Whole Wheat Grits Pancake
Servings 2 servings
For the Spiced Whole Wheat Grits
- 1 package MAYA Whole Wheat Pancake Mix, 200g
- ¼ cup water or chicken broth
- 1 piece egg
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin oil
- ½ teaspoon paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 50 grams small red onion sliced thinly
- 50 grams eggplant diced
- 50 grams fresh tomatoes diced
- ½ piece lemon sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the Chicken
- 2 pieces chicken breast fillet
- 30 grams carrots diced
- 30 grams leeks cut into 1/8 inch stalks
- 50 grams zucchini quartered
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon dried tarraggon
In a skillet, heat oil then add onions and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes or until the onion is transluscent.
Add the eggplant and cook for 4 minutes until the it begins to brown.
Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper and. spiced whole wheat grits.
Simmer for 10 minutes.
Heat oven to 400 F.
Cut parchment paper, big enough to enclose and seal the chicken.
Sprinkle the chicken breast with salt and pepper.
Combine the leeks, carrot, zuchinni, tarragon and orange zest.
Spoon the vegetable mixture over the each chicken breast.
Bake for 20-25 minutes on a baking in a baking pan to serve.
Cut an across the top of each packet with scissors and tear to open.