Chia-Tapioca Pudding with Agave Syrup
- ¼-1/3 cup chia seeds soak in
- 1 cup almond milk or low-fat milk
- 1 cup cooked small tapioca pearls “Sago”
- ¼ cup agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream
- Chopped walnuts optional
- Sliced fruit of your choice
Soak overnight the chia seeds in almond milk until it blooms (try to stir from time to time) and has a gelatinous like texture.
Combine together the bloomed chia seeds, tapioca small pearls and agave syrup and mix well.
Arranged in four serving cups, top with little amount of coconut cream, walnuts and a sliced of fruit of your choice.
Best serve chilled.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes (aside from the overnight soaking of chia seeds)
Agave syrup is a low glycemic sweetener that doesn’t spike blood sugar levels much.