Cheesy Beef Quesadilla
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 pieces medium-sized onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 250 grams ground beef
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 piece green bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 piece red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 8 pieces medium size tortilla
- 1/2 cup Emmental cheese grated
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated
Heat oil in a medium-sized pan over medium heat.
Sauté onion and garlic until aromatic.
Add ground beef and cook until browned.
Add green and red bell pepper and cook for about 1 minute.
Season with taco seasoning, dried oregano, ground cumin, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
Turn off heat and set aside.
Mix the cheeses in a bowl and set aside.
Place tortilla on a flat surface.
Put 2 tablespoons of cooked ground beef and sprinkle 3 tablespoons of mixed cheeses on top.
Fold the tortilla in half, then place the folded tortilla in panini presser and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheeses are melted or good grill marks are embedded on the quesadilla.
Let it cool for a minute or 2 then cut into wedges. Serve.
Yield: 8-10 servings