Cheesy Baked Potato W/ Bacon Bits
- 8 pieces medium-sized potatoes cubed
- water for boiling
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup MAYA All-Purpose Flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup cream cheese spread optional cheese spread
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup bacon chopped and cooked
- 1/2 cup spring onion chopped
Preheat oven to 350⁰F/177⁰C.
In a clean medium-sized pot, boil cubed potatoes and add salt, boil for 5 to 8 minutes or until potatoes are half cooked.
Drain water from the pot and pour in the olive oil and toss the potatoes until all the potatoes are covered in oil. Set aside.
Cheese sauce: In a sauce pot, melt butter then add flour, mix until flour is cooked.
Add milk and cream, stir, until the mixture thickens.
Add all the cheeses and stir until all the cheese are melted. Set aside.
In an oven-proof glass pan, transfer the boiled potatoes and topped it with cheese sauce.
Sprinkle bacon on top and bake it for 10 to 15 minutes.
Take out the baked potato out of the oven and sprinkle spring onion on top. Serve.