1 tablespoon oil
¼ cup butter
1 piece medium-sized onions, chopped
1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
200 grams chicken breast fillet, diced
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 cups diced potatoes
½ cup diced carrots
3 – 4 tablespoons MAYA All-Purpose Flour
4 – 5 cups chicken stock
½ teaspoon fresh thyme
½ cup fresh milk
1 cup broccoli florets
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper, to taste
¾ cup cream
- Heat oil and butter in a saucepan. Pan saute onions and garlic until translucent and aromatic.
- Add chicken, celery, potatoes and carrots and cook until potatoes and carrots are soft. Stir in the flour and add the stock.
- Add thyme, milk, broccoli florets and parmesan cheese. Let boil then lower the heat; allow to simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper and continue cooking until thick.
- Turn-off the heat then add cream.