Cheerful Feta and Watermelon Salad
- 2 1/2 cups red seedless watermelon cut into ½ inch cubes, seeds removed
- 1 cup Feta Cheese cut into ¼ inch cubes
- 2 1/2 cups yellow seedless watermelon cut into ½ inch cubes, seeds removed
- 1/4 cup chopped white onions
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives
- 1/4 cup mint leaves no stems
- 2 cups garden greens the curly type
- white balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- white pepper to taste
Choose a nice platter or wide and shallow bowl for this dish. It should be white to bring out the colors.
Arrange by layers: start with red watermelon, then some feta cheese, yellow watermelon and onions, olives, then a few mint leaves. Proceed with the next level the same way. This way the flavors blend well.
The sides may be decorated with the garden greens.
Cover this with cling film and keep refrigerated.
The sauce is only applied before serving.
Mix all ingredients and rectify the taste as you desire.
Mix well before adding to the salad.