1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup honey
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
¾ cup MAYA All-Purpose Flour
1 cup butter
8 pieces eggs
1 cup water
2 packages MAYA Butterscotch Mix 500g
1 cup sugar
¼ cup MAYA All-Purpose Flour
1 ½ cups evaporated milk
¼ cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C.
2. Grease and line one 13 x 9 inch rectangular pan. Set aside.
1. In a saucepan melt butter and honey in medium heat then add sugar, salt and flour.
2. Whisk mixture until smooth.
3. Turn off heat then transfer to a bowl and cool for 5 minutes.
4. Pour a teaspoon of mixture into a prepared cookie sheet at least 3 -4 inches apart.
5. Bake until golden brown for about 10-12 minutes or small holes appear in tuiles and golden brown.
6. Shape or roll the tuiles while warm because if you cool it completely it will become crisp and cannot be shape anymore.
7. Do the same procedure with the remaining mixture. Set aside.
1. In a bowl, cream butter then add eggs, water and cake mix.
2. Mix until well blended.
3. Pour in a prepared pan evenly and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until cake is done. Cool.
Divide the cake as follows:
A. Divide cake into 2 (1/2) portions
B. Divide one half portion into two (1/4)
C. Divide one ¼ portion into two 1/8 portion
D. Make 3 tiers from the cake cut-outs: 1st layer- ½ size, 2nd layer – ¼ size and 3rd layer 2 (1/8 size) one on top of another.
Prepare Caramel Icing:
1. In a saucepan, caramelized sugar until golden brown.
2. Dissolve flour in milk.
3. Strain and add to caramelized sugar.
4. Cook over low fire until thick and coats the back of the spoon.
5. Add butter and vanilla extract.
6. Pour over the tiered cake evenly.
7. Refrigerate to cool and set.
8. Once set, arrange the tuiles around each cake for layers.