Broccoli Macaroni N’ Cheese
- 1 head broccoli medium-sized, blanched
- 2 pieces medium-sized white onion finely chopped
- 2 pieces medium-sized bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped bacon
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup MAYA All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups fresh milk
- 1 cups cream
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 500 grams elbow macaroni cooked
- 1 cup Japanese crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- ¼ tablespoons melted butter
Preheat oven to 375°F/191°C.
In a medium sauce pot, boil water and salt. Once boiling, blanch broccoli for 2 to 3 minute, then transfer blanched broccoli into a water bath. Strained and set aside.
In a pan, cook bacon until lightly brown, from the same pan, add in butter and sauté onion and bell pepper. Season to taste.
Stir from time to time then add cream and ¾ part of the blanched broccoli. Stir and simmer for 3 minutes then add in macaroni pasta.
Remove from heat and transfer to 9 x 9 x 3 glass baking dish.
Arrange the rest of the broccoli and crumb mixture topper on top of the mac and cheese.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the crumbed toppers turns into brown.
Remove the mac and cheese from the oven. You can serve it right away or you can just let it cool for 3 to 5 minutes.
Prepare Crumb Topper: Simply combine all ingredients until well mixed. Sprinkle over macaroni n’ cheese and bake until top is crisp and nicely browned. Best served with garlic toast.
Yield: 8-10 servings