4 pieces eggs
2 cups water
¾ cup oil
4 packages MAYA Oven Toaster Chocolate Cake Mix 200g
¼ cup butter
¼ cup shortening
390 grams powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
¼ cup cold water
1 tablespoon shortening
½ cup glucose
1 tablespoon glycerine
2 pounds powdered sugar
candy pearl beads
prepared gumpaste flowers
- Preheat oven to 350°F/177° C.
- Grease and line one 8 x 3 inches and
one 5 x 3 inches round pans.
- In a bowl combine egg,
water, oil and cake mix then beat until smooth.
- Pour and divide cake
mixture into two prepared pans and spread evenly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes
or until done.
- Cool. Set aside.
Prepare Buttercream Frosting:
- In a
mixer bowl, cream butter and shortening until smooth add in powdered
sugar alternately with milk and vanilla.
- Mix until smooth.
- Cover the
two cooled cakes with buttercream frosting and set aside.
- Combine gelatin and water and heat until gelatin is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add shortening, glucose and glycerine.
- Stir until
- Place powdered sugar on a clean working surface and
making a well at the center.
- Pour gelatin mixture at the center.
a wooden spoon, slowly incorporate the powdered sugar until you form
soft fondant dough.
- Knead fondant until smooth and pliable.
- Then roll
out on a cornstarch dusted working surface until ¼ inch thick then cover
separately the two frosted cakes.
- Trim off excess fondant.
- Put the small fondant cake on top of the big cake to make
- Arrange candy pearl beads around the bottom edges of each
- Decorate the cake with prepared gumpaste flowers, as per color