Beef Enchilada Party Casserole
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 500 grams ground beef
- 2 pieces medium sized onions finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 ½ cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup chicken or beef broth
- ¾ cup red kidney beans in can
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 2-3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 12 pieces small tortilla wrappers
- grated sharp cheddar cheese for topping
- grated quick melting cheese for topping
- bell pepper olives, avocado, for topping (optional)
Heat oil in a sauce pan on medium heat and stir fry ground beef until redness is off.
Add the onions and garlic to the beef and continue cooking until translucent and aromatic.
Stir in the tomato paste and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes. Stirring occasionally until mixture turns red.
Add in the tomato sauce, stock, beans, chili powder, cumin powder and sugar.
When the mixture boils, lower the heat to put into simmering stage.
Stir in the cheese and season to taste.
Using a 9x9 square ceramic or glass dish, pour a little amount of beef sauce at the bottom of the dish then top with 2 pieces of tortilla wrap. Pour enough beef sauce to cover the entire area of the wrap. Repeat layering the remaining tortilla wrappers and beef sauce.
Top with more cheese.
Broil until cheese starts to melt and is bubbly.
Top with chopped bell pepper, olives and avocado. Serve