4 pcs fish fillet of 120g each
salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
8 leaves of fresh basil
16 slices honey-cured bacon
1 whole tomato
1 whole ripe mango, peeled and seeded
1 small sibuyas tagalong, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon olive oil
5-7 leaves of cilantro
fresh asparagus spear
- Season fish fillets with salt, pepper, juice of 2 pieces calamansi and cayenne pepper.
- Top each fillet with 2 fresh basil leaves.
- Wrap each fillet with 3 slices of bacon overlapping one another. On a hot pan, sear each bacon-wrapped fish to crisp bacon.
- Finish cooking in a 200 degree F oven for 7 to 8 minutes. Meanwhile, chop tomato and mango into small dice and add minced onion and garlic.
- Combine all together with remaining calamansi juice, sugar and olive oil.
- Rough chop cilantro leaves and add to salsa.Serve fish fillet by topping it with the asparagus and the salsa.
- Adjust seasonings as needed.