Pepper Jelly and Toast Points
For the Adobo:
- 1 head garlic peeled and pounded
- 2/3 cup cane vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp black peppercorns cracked
- 1 pc bayleaf optional
- 1 kg pork shoulder boneless, cut into stewing pieces
- enough water to cover meat
- 2 cups fresh cream
- 1 bar (227g) 100g unsalted butter, divided
- 25 grams red bell pepper seeded and minced
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp juice from fresh lemon or calamansi
- 2 pcs bird’s eye chili seeded and minced
For the Adobo:
Combine garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, pepper and bay leaf in a wok or saucepot. Add pork, and water and marinate for 30 minutes. Simmer over medium heat until pork is cooked. Continue simmering the pork in the pot till it is tender. Some oil will be expressed from the pork. Fry the pork in the remaining oil until golden brown.
Gently toss cooked meats. Some of the meat will stick to the pot so scrape the sides to include those to mixture. Set aside.
Add the fresh cream and half of the butter and continue simmering for another 5 minutes.
Remove the bayleaves from the adobo and allow to cool down.
For the Pate:
In a blender, pour adobo mixture and process till smooth. Transfer to desired container and top with the remaining melted butter to seal the pate. Chill before serving with toast points/crackers and pepper jelly.
Combine all ingredients in a pot. Simmer, stir and reduced by half.
Serves 6 - 8