Melon Buko in Sweetened Coconut Sauce
Servings 6 glasses
- 6 cups water
- 1/4 cup uncooked small sago
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup melon water, (see below)
- 1 tbsp MAYA All-Purpose Flour dissolved in melon water
- 1 piece small melon, (use melon shredder to make melon strips)
- 1 cup shredded buko
To make melon water, simply add a half cup of water to melon seeds and pulp, then strain.
In a sauce pot, bring 6 cups of water to a boil. Add uncooked sago once the water is boiling. Stir occasionally to prevent sago from sticking to the pot. Cook for 40 minutes on medium-high heat or until sago are mostly translucent. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Set aside.
Over low-heat, combine white sugar, coconut milk, and melon water with flour in a sauce pot until sugar is dissolved. Cool and set aside.
Assemble by putting cooked sago in a clear serving dish; top with coconut sauce. Lastly, put fresh melon and buko strips on top. Chill before serving.